About the role:
DUAL North America, Inc. is seeking an Underwriting Technician to join its subsidiary NALICO. The Underwriting Technician contributes to the success of the underwriting organization by working to drive growth, improve profitability, retain accounts, and service producers. The Underwriting Technician is responsible for reviewing and analyzing all property documents to provide timely, practical underwriting decisions to agents, and for delivering outstanding customer service by communicating decisions effectively both internally and externally. Acts as an integral member of the Underwriting team by providing support within established performance standards and priorities when cases fall above their authority or level of expertise. Ensures all related activities are delivered in a manner consistent with customer service focus, quality and timelines.
- Review applications for complete underwriting information.
- Correspond with agents regarding insufficient/questionable information provided on applications.
- Process Cancellation Notices for cancelled/rejected applications.
- Reinstate approved applications.
- Analyze account specific information and summarize information and findings for Underwriting
- Territory Manager review (i.e., loss information, description of operations, financials, risk control
- Research and provide underwriting analysis of account information and ensure overall regulatory
- Work to ensure timely account set-up, clearing, rating, issuance and renewal prep activities.
- Coordinate account processing and servicing.
- Manage account documentation and ensure file completeness and quality (correspondence,
- proposals, agreement letters, endorsements, cancellations, etc.).
- Communicate with external producers/customers and serve as the first-line point of contact on
- account related matters (respond to questions and resolve issues in a timely manner).
- Provide administrative support and participate in ad-hoc activities as needed.
Job Requirements (education, experience, skills):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in insurance, risk management or related field
- Experience with Property and Casualty rating and underwriting.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of computer systems and various software applications.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration and teamwork, communication (verbal and written),
- organizational and planning skills.
- Analytical thinking and aptitude for evaluating and interpreting detailed information and data.
- Ability to independently multi-task and respond to changing business priorities.
- Demonstrated customer service experience and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people
- on a daily basis in person, via telephone and email.
- Insurance regulatory and technical knowledge.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- If you do not meet all the qualifications for this role, we still encourage you to apply, as we are always looking for diverse talent to join our growing team.
What we offer:
A career that you define. Yes, we offer all the usual rewards and benefits – including medical, dental, vision, a wide variety of wellbeing offers, competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401k with company match, paid volunteer days and more.
We provide an environment where new ideas are encouraged and celebrated, where people who want to have a real hand in our success thrive. We want people who want to make a difference – not just in the workplace, but in the industry and in the wider community.
About DUAL NA:
DUAL is the leading underwriting organization in the US and part of an international insurance organization with operations in 45 countries across the world. DUAL offers commercial property, casualty, financial lines, and personal property insurance products underwritten through several specialized subsidiaries. Since 2013, we have grown to over 500 employees in 14 offices across the US, and we are continuing to grow. DUAL is committed to building a balanced business and contributing to a sustainable world. At DUAL, we believe our people are our greatest assets, espousing entrepreneurialism, and innovation in an environment where new insights are encouraged.
Our culture: People First
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We are a group with independence and people at its heart and we are a home for talent with a unique culture: the biggest small company in the world.
The focus on being a People First business has always been at the very heart of the Group; Our vision was to create an independent business with a unique culture and one that would survive and thrive as a business controlled by the people working for it. And finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people to join the Group has been and will continue to be key.
We consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness, and respect. DUAL North America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. DUAL will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.