Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Supervisor’s Title: Sr. Portfolio & Systems Analyst
Be an integral part of the portfolio management analysis, reporting and management function at Catalytic Risk Managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform monthly validation, reconciliation, portfolio analysis, and reporting functions for all catastrophe modeling carrier clients of DUAL North America.
- Own the integration of all DUAL North America portfolio catastrophe modeling needs into the Catalytic portfolio analysis and reporting process. This includes:
- Working with the DUAL divisions to understand and translate their data into a format that can be used by catastrophe modeling software.
- Performing monthly portfolio analysis using catastrophe modeling software.
- Developing monthly reporting processes using SQL queries and code.
- Work with DUAL divisions to understand their reporting needs. Be proactive in suggesting portfolio management metrics and techniques.
- Run and publish monthly reports.
- Assist with data compilation and portfolio creation for new business opportunities.
- Work with reinsurance brokers to explain Catalytic data and modeling processes and techniques.
- Provide back up and support to the Senior Portfolio & Systems Analyst.
- Other special projects as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or 3 to 5 years Insurance experience
- Experience with portfolio analysis using AIR and RMS catastrophe modeling platforms.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server database platform. Experience writing queries, stored procedures and SQL code to manipulate and extract exposure and model results data.
- Deep understanding of the entire modeling process. Able to translate model results into meaningful reports. Able to identify and investigate potential anomalies or errors in modeling data and results.
- Experience working with property insurance policy and data storage systems. Able to extract and translate data from those systems into the Catalytic modeling platform.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a general understanding of business writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to learn quickly, know when to ask questions, be self-motivated and demonstrate an attention to detail.
- Be able to work independently for extended periods.
- Organizational/Time Management skills – The candidate must be able to handle multiple and varying assignments on a daily basis and be able to properly evaluate their importance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in, or assigned to, the above position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required, and may be changed at the discretion of the Company.