|Reports to||Lead Business Analyst|
|Work Environment/ Salary Range||Hybrid, 70,000-90,000k|
About the role:
DUAL North America, Inc. is seeking a Business Analyst for Align General, a subsidiary of DUAL NA.
Summary and Objective:
The Business Analyst works closely with the business partners and technical teams to ascertain requirements and develops functional designs based on the analysis of business needs and objectives. This person understands the business and ensures that there is integration between it and technology. Drives and participates in design, development, and implementation of changes to applications and business processes by using technology. This role will also support business leaders with ad hoc reporting, operational metrics, and workflow analysis.
- Maintains Policy Administration System including carrier configurations, user roles and security; claims data; producer management
- Provide support of Policy Administration systems and supporting applications including researching and resolving problems, unexpected results, or changes to system workflows
- Performs workflow analysis to support business operations activities
- Develops reports tools to measure key business metrics
- Monitors, distributes, and confirms reporting metrics for effective adoption by the Executive Management teams
- Integrates and maintains all carrier specific policy form and system automation requirements.
- Works closely with developers and project collaborators to ensure business requirements and functional workflows are efficient
- Participates in System Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing
- Ad hoc business operational and systems projects, as indicated
- Bordereau and scorecard validation as needed
Job Requirements (education, experience, skills):
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in the insurance industry
- Knowledge of insurance, accounting, and rate-making concepts
- Project management application experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Agency Management System(s) with intermediate Excel skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and general understanding of business writing.
- Fundamental understanding of database queries, writing basic stored procedures using Microsoft SQL tools
- Familiarity with common insurance industry terminology for database mapping projects
- Self-motivated and demonstrate an attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently for extended periods.
- Experience working in a “paperless” environment preferred.
What we offer:
A career that you define. Yes, we offer all the usual rewards and benefits – including medical, dental, vision, a wide variety of wellbeing offers, competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401k with company match, paid volunteer days and more.
We provide an environment where new ideas are encouraged and celebrated, where people who want to have a real hand in our success thrive. We want people who want to make a difference – not just in the workplace, but in the industry and in the wider community.
About DUAL NA:
DUAL is the leading underwriting organization in the US and part of an international insurance organization with operations in 45 countries across the world. DUAL offers commercial property, casualty, financial lines, and personal property insurance products underwritten through several specialized subsidiaries. Since 2013, we have grown to over 500 employees in 14 offices across the US, and we are continuing to grow. DUAL is committed to building a balanced business and contributing to a sustainable world. At DUAL, we believe our people are our greatest assets, espousing entrepreneurialism, and innovation in an environment where new insights are encouraged.
Our culture: People First
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We are a group with independence and people at its heart and we are a home for talent with a unique culture: the biggest small company in the world.
The focus on being a People First business has always been at the very heart of the Group; Our vision was to create an independent business with a unique culture and one that would survive and thrive as a business controlled by the people working for it. And finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people to join the Group has been and will continue to be key.
We consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness, and respect. DUAL North America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. DUAL will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.